History of the Artist and the Artwork
Prompt (What are you writing about?):
Find a famous work of art. Write a researched history of the artist and the artwork and create a Descriptive Poem that uses imagery to describe the artwork and your reaction to it.
Instructions (how to get it done):
- • Cut and paste a picture of a famous work of art.
- • Research and write a history of the piece of art and the artist.
- Note: Be very careful about plagiarism.
The purpose of this section is for you to research the work of art and the artist, but the summary of history and life into your own words, and then provide in text citations for the researched information. • Using the poems in the “Poetry Sampler” section as examples, create a descriptive poem that uses imagery words to provide a visual description of your chosen artwork and your reaction to it.
Your poem needs to be at least 14 lines.
Remember in writing poetry, that not all poems need to rhyme.
The important skill here is to use imagery descriptions to describe the artwork and the author.
- • Length and format: 2-3 pages (not including the pasted picture).
- • The title page and the reference page are also required, but they should not be factored into the 2-3 page length of the essay.
- • Research section should be double spaced, written in Times New Roman, in 12 point font, and with 1-inch margins.
- The essay should conform to APA formatting and citation style.
- Can use the creative style in the poetry section.
- • Please use the book sources and any outside sources you need to create a properly- formatted APA reference page.
- • Use APA format for in-text citations and references when using outside sources and textual evidence.
- • Please be cautious about plagiarism.
Make sure to use in-text citations for direct quotes, paraphrases, and new information. Sources: “Poetry Sampler: Poetry and Art” pages PS-1 through PS-7
Order a similar paper here
Or browse more products