RES 710 Week 5 Discussion: Hypotheses Development and Testing
— OR —
Students need to contribute six substantive posts in this discussion by the due date indicated. The substantive posts can be any combination of responses and replies.
1. Discuss the assumptions associated with hypothesis testing. How can these assumptions affect the quality and/or results of a study?
2. Why might a researcher convert sample values into z-scores? Discuss the conversion process.
3. Define null hypothesis and alternative (or research) hypothesis? What is the relationship between research questions and hypotheses?
4. Please define the following terms: statistic, statistics, statistical hypothesis testing, and statistical map.
5. Define descriptive and inferential statistics in the research process. What is the major difference between descriptive statistics and inferential statistics?
6. What did you learn from Burdess’ (2013) Chapter 14: Hypothesis about Categories?
7. What is Chi-square? Provide the chi-square formula and an example of using Chi-square.
8. Discuss dependent and independent variables. Give an example.
9. How do we decide whether to reject or retain the null hypothesis based on Burdess (2013)?
10. What are the dependent and independent variables for the following hypotheses?
11.Identify the independent variable, the dependent variable,and the unit of analysis in the following hypothesis:
Copyright 2019 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.