MFCC 567 Week 3 Assignment: Families in Transition Analysis
A Note from Stacey: You will want to consider the electronic readings articles in our Learning Activities section as well as the chapter readings for this week as you prepare for this assignment.
Consider the following scenario:
Marla and her husband, Peter, have been married for 7 years and have two sons: Kevin, age 4, and Jared, age 6. Marla and Peter are currently separated and are seeking counseling to determine if they will stay together or get a divorce. They have been separated for 2 months.
Marla and Peter have both worked full time for the duration of their marriage until 5 months ago when Peter was laid off. Peter has been searching for a new job but has been unable to obtain new employment to date. Prior to the separation, Peter discovered Marla had an extramarital affair.
Marla and Peter are currently sharing equal custody of their children, and Peter is living at his parents’ home.
Marla and Peter have disclosed they still care for one another and need to determine if they can work on the issues affecting their marriage, or if it would be best to end the marriage. They desire to have counseling sessions with just the two of them, as well as sessions with their children.
Write a 750- to 1,050-word analysis paper of this scenario. Include the following:
· Describe counseling considerations for the couple, family, and children.
· Summarize potential effects of the situation on the couple, family, and children.
· Describe possible therapeutic techniques (interventions) you would recommend for counseling this family.
· List community resources that might be available for this family.
· Provide one article or book (non-academic) that you would recommend for this family during this transition.
Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed sources.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
Copyright 2018 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved. Adapted by Stacey B Thacker 2020