Workplace bullying is defined as “situations where an employee repeatedly and over a prolonged time period is exposed to harassing behavior from one or more colleagues and where the targeted person is unable to defend him-/herself against this systematic mistreatment (psychologytoday.com).” This practice includes constant harassment and conflict that causes harm to an individual. In addition to bullying, other safety and health concerns can become evident within the working environment. For example, poor maintenance of equipment, outdated safety protocols, and lack of a safety culture can create risks.
Please read the case study on Page 401 of our course text, (Links to an external site.) and answer the following questions in your initial discussion forum prompt:
- Do you think Ming is correct in saying Mindy is bullying her? What are the indications of bullying?
- What advice would you give to Ming?
- How would you handle this situation with Mindy, without embarrassing Ming?
- Should Ming have any safety concerns? Why or why not?
- What types of health concerns could Ming experience as a result of the stress caused by being bullied?
Post and Engage
Your responses to the questions should be supported by APA-formatted (Links to an external site.) references. After your initial post, please respond to at least two classmates. Your comments to classmates should include APA-formatted references and encourage an extension of the dialog by including questions, suggestions for further reading, or other resources for consideration.
Discussion posts are due by the fourth day of the module and replies by the sixth day.
Consult the grading rubric for detailed evaluation criteria for this discussion.
Module Objectives 1-2 and Learning Outcome 10
This activity supports