In this assignment, you will research differences between clinical quality and customer service quality, specifically in an acute care setting.
Begin by examining the following resource:
- Locate a hospital using the Medicare Hospital Compare website.
Next, select how you plan to report your findings. Select from one (1) of the methods below:
- 5–6 page paper, excluding front/back matter (APA standards apply)
- Spreadsheet containing all relevant information
- Video newscast (using a free online video recorder such as YouTube.com) (e.g., entertainment talk show, television commentary, interview-style, news reporting, etc.)
Finally, incorporate the following elements into your document:
- A general overview of the hospital (e.g., name, location, bed size, ownership, etc.)
- As assessment of the overall quality of customer service offered at the hospital (as evident by satisfaction ratings)
- As assessment of the overall quality of clinical care offered at the hospital (as evident by recent survey inspection results)
- The identification of appropriate techniques that you would use to improve the quality of customer service offered at the hospital
- The identification of appropriate techniques that you would use to improve the quality of clinical care at the hospital.
Although the use of APA formatting is not required for this assignment, proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected. The use of first-person is permitted for this assignment (excluding option 1).
*You can select any hospital published on the Medicare Hospital Compare website. To narrow your selection, consider researching hospitals in your community, previous places of residence, employers, competitors, or even a hospital you would like to network with someday.
Submitting your work:
Submit your assignment to the appropriate Dropbox. For instructions on submitting your work, view the Dropbox Guide located under Academic Tools at the top of your Course page.
To view your graded work, come back to Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted work.