ENG 135 Week 5 Discussion: Supporting Your Message
Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to classmates or your faculty member.
Your responses should reflect knowledge of the weekly learning activities in ENG 135, including textbook chapters. Write all discussion posts in your own words to reflect your own learning and thinking on the topics. Do not copy the textbook or other sources in your discussion posts. Avoid submitting one big block of writing. Use white space to spread out the sections for easier reading.
Discussion cannot be submitted early (before Week 4 begins) or late (after Week 4 ends).
Read Chapters 14, 15 & 16 on Planning Presentations, Creating Resumes, and Interviewing (at Week 5 Learning Activities).
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
As you have learned in this class, the audience of your communication is an important factor in business communication. This holds true when preparing for a presentation and an interview. You must consider what may need to be adapted given your audience’s knowledge of a topic or job requirements.
1) What are some ways you can research your audience in order to determine questions they might have regarding the topic of your presentation?
2) How can you read your audience to determine their feedback during your presentation?
3) If you receive negative feedback during a presentation (for example: frowns, looks of confusion), how might you adapt your speaking or delivery?
4) How are presentations and interview similar?
5) How can you apply your presentation skills in an interview situation?
Post 2 replies to classmates or your faculty member. Be constructive and professional.
Copyright 2019 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.