CCMH 551 Week 6 Assignment: Treatment of a Personality Disorder
Resource: Treatment of a Personality Disorder Grading Rubric
Imagine you are a well-respected clinician in the counseling community. You are widely known in your area of expertise. You have been asked to compose an evidence-based research article for the American Counseling Association. The American Counseling Association has provided you with author guidelines.
Choose a personality disorder as defined by the DSM-5.
Identify and select at least 10 evidence-based, peer-reviewed articles published within the last 5 years to use as the basis for your article.
Analyze and critique the various counseling treatments, interventions, and strategies for working with individuals with the personality disorder.
Write a 2,100- to 3,000-word article on current approaches for treating the disorder you selected. Your article should be broken down into the following sections:
- Discussion (700 to 1,000 words)
- Discuss the personality disorder by applying the major theories of personality.
- Discuss the problems and impact on normal and abnormal development as it relates to personality theories.
- Literature Review (700 to 1,000 words)
- Analyzing evidence-based counseling strategies related to intervention and/or prevention efforts for your chosen personality disorder.
- Critique the research reviewed for this paper, what can be learned through research, and what should continue to be investigated. Discuss how reading and critiquing research informs and thus advances the counseling profession.
- Application of Theory in Treatment (700 to 1,000 words)
- Provide a justification for your specific treatment model, according to current research.
- Describe the interventions associated with your chosen personality theory.
- Discuss current intervention gaps and possible future areas for research, such as cultural, socioeconomic, gender, age, immigrant status, etc.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
Copyright 2018 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.