C429 Quiz 1 Answers
1. The principles of quality improvement require that healthcare executives change their management philosophy from:
- Finding fault with employees to finding problems in processes.
- Finding fault with employees to involving them in the improvement of processes.
- Focusing on enhanced inspection techniques to focusing on variance.
- Focusing on employees’ roles to focusing on process outcomes.
2. Which of the following is a unit of measure commonly used to determine physicians’ clinical productivity?
3. What is the correct order of stages for accomplishing organization change?
- Planning, identifying, evaluation, implementation
- Identifying, planning, implementation, evaluation
- Evaluation, planning, implementation, identifying
- Planning, evaluation, identifying, implementation
4. The central role of the health services organization board includes all of the following:
- Setting the strategic plan and service values of the organization.
- Support for assessing changing market needs.
- Support in managing important service programs or departments.
- Assuring the recruitment, hire, support and reward of the CEO.
5. The first role of the governing body is to:
- Manage inputs of the healthcare organization to achieve the output that are its goals.
- Recruit members who understand the health services field.
- Set objectives and develop policy to guide the organization in achieving its mission.
- Develop the operating plan and monitor departmental performance.
6. In assessing the advantage of using a focus group over a survey in evaluating a program, one could say that focus groups:
- Are likely to use a larger sample size.
- Are more useful in designing improvements to a program.
- Are more precise in designing improvements to a program.
- Are useful only when maintaining objectivity is not important.
7. What purpose do market plans fulfill for the healthcare organization?
- Provide a business plan (or plans) as a subset of the organization’s marketing plan.
- Present general goals for the organization to attain in the next three to five years.
- Develop promotion methods to be used in attaining the organization’s objectives.
- Provide specific objectives for utilization attainment the next fiscal year.
8 . The five major functions of marketing are:
- Identifying markets, promoting the organization, recruitment of providers, managing external relationships, patient selection.
- Identifying markets, health promotion, managing external relationships, patient selection, attracting capable workers.
- Identifying markets, promoting the organization, managing external relationship, convincing patients to select the organization, attracting capable workers.
- Identifying markets, promoting the organization, managing external relationships, strategic planning, and physician recruitment.
9. A health services organization should use which of the following sequential processes to help establish human resources (HR) objectives and policies?
- Analyze the current HR situation, forecast HR demand, reconcile with the budget, and forecast HR supply.
- Design HR recruitment and selection activities, develop an HR compensation plan, and establish HR appraisal systems.
- Determine best HR job structure, perform HR job evaluations, establish HR training and development plan.
- Conduct HR job analysis, determine best HR job structure, and establish HR information system.
10. Which of the following describes the conflict management strategy that would have the most immediate effect on reducing conflict behavior?
- Imposition of formal authority to resolve or suppress conflict.
- Implementation of substantial, super-ordinate goals that require cooperation among units.
- Rotation of members of one unit into another unit.
- Provision of intergroup training that requires listing of perceptions and E. identifying differences.
11. Which would be a reasonable basis on which to allocate administrative overhead costs?
- Amount of supplies used.
- Hours worked.
- Square footage.
12. All areas of healthcare facilities are subject to safety, convenience and other regulatory requirements as dictated by the state life safety codes, JCAHO, OSHA, state fire marshal, etc. Which area of the facility typically has the highest standards?
- The energy plant.
- Highly used public areas.
- Areas under construction.
- Patient care areas.
13. Law and tradition have established basic criteria for healthcare governing boards. One criteria is that:
- All members agree to receive care at the governed organization.
- Board members provide a specified amount of financial support.
- The actions of the board are reasonable and prudent.
- The board must meet a minimum of two times each year.
14. Which of the following best describes the responsibility of a hospital with an emergency department (ED) when a person comes to the ED for Examination or treatment?
- The hospital must admit the patient for observation and treatment if an emergency condition exists.
- The hospital must provide an appropriate medical screening to determine whether an emergency condition exists and, if so, stabilize the condition.
- The hospital may inquire as to the individual’s method of payment or insurance status prior to rendering services.
- If the individual is uninsured, the hospital must transfer the patient to the nearest public hospital designated for the care and treatment of medically indigent
C429 Quiz 1 Answers
Check out other WGU products here