The Norton Anthology of Western LiteratureOctober 22, 2021
Conflict at Work DiscussionOctober 26, 2021
McCulloch: American Politics Paper
you will answer ALL FOUR of the following free-response questions. Please make sure to illustrate your free-response answers with substantive examples where appropriate. Make certain to number each of your answers as the question is numbered below. You will answer all FOUR questions in ONE document. McCulloch
1. Discuss the TWO major questions posed in the landmark case McCulloch v. Maryland in 1819. Next, what were the TWO constitutional provisions used by the Supreme Court’s majority in the McCulloch v. Maryland decision to justify its opinion. Lastly, explain how the McCulloch case expanded the power of the federal government in relation to the states.
- 2. The text discusses several reasons for political participation and gives reasons for the decline in voter turnout in the United States. With this information, formulate a strategy to increase voter participation. In your response, discuss ONE target group, ONE electoral procedure, and ONE legal requirement to increase voting in the United States.
- 3. Interest groups attempt to influence the policy-making process in a number of ways and through multiple access points. For EACH of the following, explain how interest groups advance their causes, and give a specific example (real-life or hypothetical) for each:
- 1) litigation, 2)
- donating money through PACs,
- 3) grassroots lobbying
4. The text discusses THREE major roles that the media plays in the political process.
- a. Explain each role and cite an example on how the media played that role in the political arena.
- b. Lastly, which role do you think is the most powerful the media possess? Explain.
This is about American Politics. Answer the following questions. It should be one page for each question
Order a similar paper here
Or browse more products